BYS is a contest started by 250snow and Evolution, created to celebrate homegrown snowboard parks.
"Last year was a total experiment… We walked up to the first house and in the back of my head I had no idea what it was going to be like... It turned out awesome! The sessions were fun and the footage turned out great." (Co-founder Woody) "We thought it wasn't gonna happen this season - but we're doing it…! " The second annual Back Yard Sessions is on!! So get your shovels, grab your pals and show us what your back yard is made of…
The challenge is simple:
Shovel, Shape, Shred and submit "proof-of-park" by March 14th to email@example.com (proof of park via photos, vid if you want, and a description)
- SESSIONABILITY - How great could the sessions be? Is it progressive? Technical? How many can Jam?
- CREATIVE USE OF SPACE - We don't care how big your park, it is about how well you improvised with what you have to work with.
- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - How much work had to go into it? For example: a hand shoveled drop in ramp so you can gap into the down... F yeah..
Submission should showcase these qualities, the best camera or cleanest cut doesn't win - it is about the best back yard park!
The top submissions selected will host Jam sessions with the 250snow.com & Evolution Crews as well as be documented by photographers and filmakers. The best session will win the grand prizes!
The Best Back Yard Park in Whistler wins ultimate bragging rights and prizes from:
- Electric, Volcom, Airblaster, 3CS, Flow Snowboards, NXTZ, Thuggies & Evolution
- The coveted Golden Rake generously donated by Arena Snowparks
- Edits by Nuulife Cinema
- Edited video post by Dragon Factory Films (Jonathan)
- Photos from CPK and guest photographer
- Finally the hard earned right to represent Whistler in 250snow.com's "The Best Park in BC" edit contest hosted by 250snow.com
Contest Session dates will ideally be within a week or so of the submission date. However, dates are pending snow conditions and subject to rescheduling or postponement as necessary.
Join the event on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/1390622427875199