Evolution's Annual TURKEY SHOOT SALE is on now!! Check us out BEFORE the WB sale!
- Published on
- June 06, 2014
- Published on
- May 11, 2014
Backyard Sessions - Founded by Woody:
"Backyard Sessions started out from summer tales of legendary parks notched into the woods around Whistler as a fellow landscaper, Dave and I talked away the off-season blues. The two of us would talk about the house a buddy of a buddy who used to sell weed, to this guy’s girlfriend’s house that had the most INSANE quarter pipe - redirect to down bar. The stories grew and grew and grew with spring melt erasing all proof of it for another 6 months. The idea that ignited Backyard Sessions was to capture these elusive parks in their prime with slow-mo video and professional photographers, pit them against each other then bring the crews together to snowboard for free in hand-shaped parks. Last year boasted full clam shell, coping corners and two tiered butter pads and this year was no different. The WESTBEACH house brought the Golden Rake back to Alpine with wood jibs so smooth, so polished, so waxed - they popped under the flood lights and CPK's photo flash.
“A shout out to all the submitters: to Jay Britton in Nelson, the Nordic House, The Finestone’s, Camp of Scallions 1.5; all the sponsors: 3CS Outerwear, Volcom, Electric, Flow Snowboards, Candygrind Gloves, Airblaster and Arena Snowparks! All the judges:(250) Jer Melanson, Davey K, Gordie Lehane, and Jessy B and XTina from EVO, Garret from Camp Of Scallions park 1.0. The photographers CPK and CoochiPeace and Jonathan Schramm (Dragon Factory Films) for shooting and creating the 2014 BYS video and finally, to EVOLUTION for helping us celebrate nitty-gritty grass root boarding!"
See ya next year!
Backyard sessions-how it works:
BackYard Sessions, organized by Evolution and 250snow, is a contest-ish to celebrate snow culture and homegrown parks in Whistler. The invitation is posted for people building parks in their yards to submit photos and videos of their yard to Evolution and 250snow. We go over the submissions and pick the top yards. The Evolution and 250snow Crews ride the top yards with the Yard Crew and we decide on our favourite park; the criteria being Sessionalbility (flow, features, multiple lines), Creativity (including creative use of space), and the Sweat Equity! All of the top yards receive prizes from our sponsors with the top yard receiving the Golden Rake from Arena Snowparks.
THE 2014 BYS VID
by Dragon Factory Films – Jonathan Schramm
Shot at the Alpine Yard-the winners of the BYS-ASP Golden Rake!
Photos Of The Alpine Yard Session
and photos by CoochiPeace:
Photos Of The Bys Wrap-Up Session
The snow was hit hard with rain last week, but Steve and his crew had the yard tarped for protection and brought in garbage cans of snow! The last few bits of snow were enjoyed for hours and hours!
The 2014 BYS SUBMISSIONS:
The Finestone’s (featuring Finn Finestone-10yrs old in these photos!
The Nordic Crew
This park looked amazing! Due to circumstances, however, we were unable to ride this park - a bummer as it looked like a lot of fun! Nice work Nordic Crew!
The Nelson FrontYard Submission:
- Published on
- March 28, 2014
Our winter clearance sale starts march 28th 2014 and will run until april 21st. Stop by early for the best selection! Winter gear on clearance, plus some 2013 bike product on sale!
BYS is a contest started by 250snow and Evolution, created to celebrate homegrown snowboard parks.
"Last year was a total experiment… We walked up to the first house and in the back of my head I had no idea what it was going to be like... It turned out awesome! The sessions were fun and the footage turned out great." (Co-founder Woody) "We thought it wasn't gonna happen this season - but we're doing it…! " The second annual Back Yard Sessions is on!! So get your shovels, grab your pals and show us what your back yard is made of…
The challenge is simple:
Shovel, Shape, Shred and submit "proof-of-park" by March 14th to email@example.com (proof of park via photos, vid if you want, and a description)
- SESSIONABILITY - How great could the sessions be? Is it progressive? Technical? How many can Jam?
- CREATIVE USE OF SPACE - We don't care how big your park, it is about how well you improvised with what you have to work with.
- BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - How much work had to go into it? For example: a hand shoveled drop in ramp so you can gap into the down... F yeah..
Submission should showcase these qualities, the best camera or cleanest cut doesn't win - it is about the best back yard park!
The top submissions selected will host Jam sessions with the 250snow.com & Evolution Crews as well as be documented by photographers and filmakers. The best session will win the grand prizes!
The Best Back Yard Park in Whistler wins ultimate bragging rights and prizes from:
- Electric, Volcom, Airblaster, 3CS, Flow Snowboards, NXTZ, Thuggies & Evolution
- The coveted Golden Rake generously donated by Arena Snowparks
- Edits by Nuulife Cinema
- Edited video post by Dragon Factory Films (Jonathan)
- Photos from CPK and guest photographer
- Finally the hard earned right to represent Whistler in 250snow.com's "The Best Park in BC" edit contest hosted by 250snow.com
Contest Session dates will ideally be within a week or so of the submission date. However, dates are pending snow conditions and subject to rescheduling or postponement as necessary.
Join the event on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/1390622427875199
- Published on
- January 29, 2014
'Lets Go Get Small' features free skier Dave Treadway as he, together with Henrik Windstedt, venture way out into the Canadian coast range on snowmobiles. Shot on location at Pemberton backcountry, Bridge glacier, Steller Heli skiing, Selkirk Wilderness Skiing and Monashee Powder Snowcats.
- Published on
- January 22, 2014
The Deep Winter Photo Challenge brings you the best professional action sports photographers throwing down for 3 days to capture the life and culture of winter in Whistler. It will inspire and give you new found shred motivation for life in the mountains.
- 1st: Zoya Lynch – $5,000 + Arc’teryx Jacket
- 2nd: Nicolas Teichrob – $2,500 + Arc’teryx Jacket
- 3rd: Jason Hummel – $1,000 + Arc’teryx Jacket
- Best Individual Image – Nicolas Teichrob $1,000
Zoya Lynch - Winning Photographer
- Published on
- December 25, 2013
MERRY XMAS! Evolution is taking today off, and wishing happiness to everyone! See you tomorrow for our Legendary Boxing Day Sale! EVERYTHING ON MEGA SALE, ONE DAY ONLY!
Find us on Facebook
- Published on
- October 17, 2013
Have you ever wanted a snowboard that just needs a few tweaks to make it the perfect ride! Well dream no longer as Lib-Tech has just made this come true and you're going to be stoked! It's is about a 5 week turn around to have it in your hands and now is the time to make it happen.
DIY Bitchin’ Board Builders offers you the opportunity to order a custom one of a kind dream snowboard that will be guided through our experiMENTAL Division’s prototyping process and handcrafted to your specifications. Lib Tech is an R&D and innovation based brand. Years of
refining board designs for ourselves and riders like Jamie Lynn, Travis Rice, Eric Jackson and Blair Habenicht has allowed us to develop a very fficient experiMENTAL prototyping system. This year, for the first time, we are excited to be able to share the heart of our brand with you. DIY board
builders… you make the call.
You can select from:
- Board Shape & Contour: From a selection of 8 different Lib Tech board model chassis including 5 distinct bottom contours.
- Board Size: Skunk Ape to Banana Blaster, each board model chassis has a range of available sizes to choose from.
- Top Sheet Art: A collection of classic graphics from longtime Lib artists, now unique to the DIY program.
- Sidewall Colors: 6 sidewall color options.
- Base Options: Pick a classic graphic - or - Create a custom 10 Letter knife-cut base. Keep it classy!
- Personalized Badge: Customize and claim your board with a 26 character custom laser cut badge.
- Buy: Lib Tech’s Bitchin’ Board Builders will hand build your dream board and ship it to you! Order through your local dealer and receive $25 off! See dealer for details and applicable codes.
* The finished board may not appear exactly as it is shown on the screen. DIY board orders take 3-6 weeks to build and ship for United States/Canada, 6-9 weeks for all other countries, for a list of countries we ship DIY boards click here. DIY board orders will be charged upon order confirmation. No returns or refunds on customized boards will be accepted or given.
How you order
Come in and see us at Evolution Whistler or email us.